WAN, MAN & LAN Network Design & Installation
Dekko Projects offer a full design, build, test, commissioning and support service on CORE, MAN, WAN, and LAN networks, wired and wireless, to suit all your specific communications requirements.
Not only do our professional accreditations mean we’re qualified to do the job, and do it well, but we also offer a 25 year warranty on cabling installations and provide fully certified test results on our installations.
LAN, MAN, WAN Definitions
Before we get into the technical services we provide, let’s start with some definitions to put things in context…
A LAN (local area network) is a group of computers and network devices connected together, usually within the same building. By definition, the connections must be high speed and relatively inexpensive (e.g., token ring or Ethernet).
A MAN (metropolitan area network) is a larger network that usually spans several buildings in the same city or town.
A WAN (wide area network), in comparison to a MAN, is not restricted to a geographical location, although it might be confined within the bounds of a state or country. A WAN connects several LANs, and may be limited to an enterprise (a corporation or an organisation) or accessible to the public. The technology is high speed and relatively expensive. The Internet is an example of a worldwide public WAN.
Related Dekko Projects we have designed and built:
Our experienced team has delivered bespoke solutions for clients throughout the UK.
- Wi-Fi core, controllers and the associated interconnecting infrastructure for a London wide Public Access Wi-Fi solution encompassing 290 locations across and under London
- WAN infrastructure for a London based SDSL network providing VoIP and Data services for start-up construction sites in the transport sector
- Full Audit, refit and commissioning of 110 communications rooms and data centre for a Large Blue Chip Company
- Intelligent Infrastructure solution for data monitoring in a Wind Farm Deployment
- Remediation and enhancement works on an existing Wi-Fi solution within the NHS
- Secure, high availability network gateway solution that interfaced with Track Signalling Systems for secure one-way data transmission across Enterprise Network infrastructure
- Design, build and deploy Wi-Fi solution for a London NHS Healthcare Trust
- Cross campus fibre and cabinet installation and network deployment for Large NHS Trust
- Operational Control Centre Intelligent Infrastructure solution for a London based Transport organisation
- building network infrastructure refurbishment and Wi-Fi deployment
- Ekahau Wireless Surveys across NHS Trust over 70 Buildings
Our LAN, MAN, WAN Related Technical Services
CCNA and CCNP (Routing and Switching)
Routing – The process of moving a packet of data from source to destination. Routing is usually performed by a dedicated device called a router.
We offer the following routing services:
- Traffic Filtering using Standard and Extended Access-lists
- IP addressing (IPV4 and IPV6), Sub-netting, Implementing VLSM Design Network.
- Configuration of Cisco Router 1800,2500,2600 ,2800 and 3600.
- NAT(Static, Dynamic and PAT)
- Troubleshooting and configuration of Routing Protocol: Static Routing Protocol, Default routing.
- Protocol, RIPV-2, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Policy Based Routing PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization.
- Cisco Meraki installation
Switching – Filtering and forwarding packets between LAN segments. Switches operate at the data link layer and sometimes the network layer to support any packet protocol.
We offer the following switching services:
- Load Balancing in L3 devices-HSRP/VRRP/GLBP.
- Configuring Frame-Relay .
- Configuring Cisco Catalyst Switches and VLAN.
- Configuring STP, PVST, RST to provide optimum performance.
- Configuration Cisco Switches 2960, 3550, and 3560 and VLAN setup in Cisco switches.
- VTP(Dot 1q and ISL) and STP.
- Port Aggregation (Ether Channel).
Protocol – An agreed-upon format for transmitting data between two devices. It determines type of error checking and data compression used.
We use the following protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, VTP , STP.
Checkpoint Firewall – The security system designed to prevent unauthorized access on a private network, implemented as hardware or software.
We offer the following firewall services:
- Creating and implementing Rule Base.
- Configuring site–to-site VPN
- Configuration and installation of Checkpoint R77 Management server & Security Gateway Firewalls.
- Configuring and implementing NAT
- URL and web-based filtering
- VMware workstation & Esxi.