A new iPhone update is now available with improvements and bug fixes, including:
• Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
• Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
• Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
• Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
• Redesigned Camera app for iPad
• Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
• Audio for TV programmes and films on iPad optimised to sound louder and clearer
• Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
• Addresses bugs affecting battery life
• Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
The new iPad (as it’s officially called) has built on many features of the iPad 2, with major changes including:
• High-resolution screen with 9.7 inch retina display (2048 x 1536 pixels and 264 pixels in each inch). It has an amazing 1 million more pixels than HDTV – fonts and images will look better than they ever have before.
• Voice dictation in English, French, German and Japanese.
• Upgraded bluetooth
• 4G LTE connectivity
• Upgraded iSight camera that has 5-megapixel resolution with backside illumination. The camera also includes a 5-element lens and a hybrid IR filter.
• 1080p video recording (upgraded from 720p on the iPad 2) with built in video stabilisation.
• A5x quad-core graphics
What did you think of Apple’s announcement, was it what you were expecting? Please share your comments with us!